Thursday, January 20, 2011

6 days before I leave!

Welcome to my blog! I'm going to take you on a wonderful adventure to a magical land where carpets fly and genies are found in every lamp (crossing my fingers). I will be doing a study abroad program in Morocco with ISA. For those who don't know me, let me introduce myself. My name is Heather (aka Bellydance Barbie), I'm 23 years old, a student at Grand Valley and yes, I am a bellydancer. My major is International Business and Marketing and my minor is French.  I am leaving home (home is Michigan) my wonderful boyfriend Matt (aka Ken or Dexter), also 23 years old, also a student at Grand Valley and no, he is not a bellydancer. His major is German and his minor is Applied Linguistics. Aww, don't we make a cute couple :) I can speak to him in French and he can respond in German.

I will embark on this journey in 6 days. I leave the 27th (next week already) and probably won't be back until mid June. I will first arrive in Spain where I will meet my study abroad group and on the agenda is of course bull fighting and flamenco dancing. Okay so I lied there, for real, what is on the agenda is just sight seeing and orientation. And then after a week, I will be heading across the sea to arrive in the wonderful land of Morocco.

You may ask, "Why Morocco?" And my response is, "Why not Morocco!" My minor is french and the typical destination for french minors and majors is of course France. Well, hello! I am a bellydancer! Of course I would choose Morocco instead of France.

So with only 6 days to go until I leave, I decided to start packing my belongings in a large suitcase which seemed to get smaller and smaller as I packed more things in it. Wish me luck packing everything back in when my program ends!
 Check out my packing buddy and my suitcase on: http://s1193.photobucket.com/home/bellydance_barbie/index

2 comments: